
I trust you for safety, God—my true Father--
You are my shelter and defender
Yours is my only allegiance
You are my only source of goodness
Your people are the ones I love, I delight in them
People who look for their own gods will become even sadder
I will never join their rituals
I have a new God, a new way, a new life!
I am content.
Lord, you are my security
In fact, better than content, I am happy
I am delighted in God’s plans for me!
All my tribute goes to my Lord, to his counsel
Even when I am not straining to follow he leads my heart
The Lord is my first concern
Because he is as real as my own hand
I am secure.
So even when in trouble I know relief, I soften my heart
Even when in pain my body rests
Here’s why—God’s never going to discard me
He never left Jesus
Instead He has revealed his life
His presence is joy
His nearness the essence of beauty.
You are my shelter and defender
Yours is my only allegiance
You are my only source of goodness
Your people are the ones I love, I delight in them
People who look for their own gods will become even sadder
I will never join their rituals
I have a new God, a new way, a new life!
I am content.
Lord, you are my security
In fact, better than content, I am happy
I am delighted in God’s plans for me!
All my tribute goes to my Lord, to his counsel
Even when I am not straining to follow he leads my heart
The Lord is my first concern
Because he is as real as my own hand
I am secure.
So even when in trouble I know relief, I soften my heart
Even when in pain my body rests
Here’s why—God’s never going to discard me
He never left Jesus
Instead He has revealed his life
His presence is joy
His nearness the essence of beauty.
Lately I have been retrofitting Psalms. It's a technique I learned years ago. While it wouldn't stand up to Biblical criticism the exercise has been very profitable for me.
Last week's trip was a little traumatic for me. I came home depleted. It would be very holy of me to say that my first response was to run to my Bible, but alas, I wrote emails, called friends and cried. Then again, my friends prayed and offered counsel. My sweetie and I talked together late into the night. Later, when I did seek solace in the Psalms, using this technique, God was generous.
Yours is my only allegiance
often I wish for a deep allegiance with family...deeper than that which is available
You are my only source of goodness
well trained by my culture, I look to the holidays to find myself, to draw goodness from family...even when it's not available
People who look for their own gods will become even sadder
Even when I am not straining to follow he leads my heart
here's beauty! Being sought, being loved, pursued by Perfection! My delicate heart led by the One who knows where and how to lead best.
Here’s why—God’s never going to discard me
a great worry (Crabb says one of the biggest women have) discarded!
He never left Jesus
my proof of belonging, my source of life becoming my true life.
No comments:
Post a Comment