Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chocolate Coconut Tapioca Pudding


Free from a mountain of grading, I determined to make some pudding. Drew craved tapioca enough to drive to Winco for the ingredients.


Here is my recipe for gluten free, dairy free, egg free pudding.




2 cans of coconut milk (divided)


14 oz. water


1/3 c. sugar


1/2 t. salt


1 t. powdered ginger


1/3 c. tapioca pearls (I used small ones)


6 T. cocoa powder


1 oz. GF baking chocolate


1/2 c. GF chocolate chips




In a heavy saucepan, combine 1 can of coconut milk, water and tapioca. Allow to sit for 5 min.


While tapioca is softening, combine second can of coconut milk with the cocoa powder and ginger powder (it will kind of look like frosting).


Heat tapioca mixture to a boil. Allow to come to a full boil--stirring all the while.


Once the mixture has boiled, cool to a simmer and add baking chocolate and chocolate chips.


Stir until thoroughly combined.


Cool.


Once cooled, stir well and store with plastic wrap covering the top of pudding (this will keep the pudding from forming a 'skin').

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm yum. I can't go with your recipe cuz of the sugar, but I think I'll have to make my own version soon!

    ReplyDelete