Much more than a freeze--a brain cramp can last quite some time. Currently I am on day 7 of this aching head. Diagnosed as a migraine, cluster headache, whining and a sinus infection I am unsure of what to do. I have been on some strong medicines, which adds to the confusion but takes away some of the ouch factor.
My good friend and principal, Jean, substituted for my writing classes last week. Now I feel the need to return but have concerns about how to deal with the pain (and, no, I don't think teaching and vicodin are a good combo). As long as no one is in my perepherial vision, no lighting is changed and there are no loud or unexpected sounds school should go ok....ummm?! Strangely, though, the cramping in my brain makes me more compassionate twoard my students, at least the quieter ones. I am trying to determine the course for next quarter and wonder how hard to push these 13 wonderful teens. Do I demand a research paper (on what?), or teach fiction writing and storytelling craft??
One beautiful result of all this pain, words from God. On Sunday I was reading in Mark. When the disciples asked Jesus whether He was concerned during the storm at sea I could relate! "Aren't you worried?" I find myself asking Him. I forget who He really is so easily! Then yesterday, in prayer I asked God what I needed to know. "Don't forget about joy" was my answer. Now I am practicing joy--in pain, but full of wonder at the beauty of today.
What a beautifully written post. I am sorry that you are in so much pain. And hearing what the Lord spoke to you speaks to me. You are wonderful. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThat was good to hear=) It's really hard sometimes to resist just surviving!
ReplyDelete~g