When I try to teach anyone about the 'bigness' of God I have to stop. Do I mean it? Do I live like my God is GOD of the universe? How big do I believe He is?
I tried to help my little class have a deeper understanding of Psalm 16. The flow from "Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you!" to "Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face. " is not immediate, nor is it easy. Never is, never will be. Not for me or those teach or my loved ones. Easy is not what the maturing life is about.
For this week's assignment I encouraged my students to ask God a big question. To think of one of the hardest things they're dealing with and then wait on God. I told them how this is for me--painful! So often I find that I 'let God off the hook' almost pardoning Him for things I can't understand. Patronizing God. 
So as I teach my class, I teach myself. I challenge myself to mature into a woman who knows, really knows how BIG her God is.
I love it, I wish anni was in your class=)
ReplyDeletehey if you want to schedule pic's before the weather gets bad and before spring, call and pin down a date soon...the two hannah's already have and Oct is mostly booked for weekends anyways=)
~g