My summer starts in three days. Wednesday, May 26th at 3:30 I will be finished with this leg of a grand experiment. Teaching at Alliance Charter Academy has been both frustrating and fun, silly and solemn...stretching...often singing; sometimes stinging.
Thousands of tributes are due to the faithful foursome that join me at the black oval table almost every night. Not just for the food. They love me. I know it more fully every night. My family listens, laughs and comforts --always, they pray.
Though he has not met them, I think Mike could pick my students out of a crowd. He has heard so many stories. On Tuesdays he asked about my reluctant runners, Monday and Wednesday dinners have been graced with his hideous/hilarious German. Often we alliterate or digress as writers would. Mike's interest in my lit club and elementary newspaper are purely due to his interest in me. His wisdom has saved the skin of some middle schoolers more times then they know. Other days he reminds me that it is just a job...often I need reminding.
I feel much less discouraged than I did at the time of my last posting. My concerns, as always, are mediated by my Father. A year ago I knew I would have no work in September. Instead I was given a great deal of fboth fun and challenging work...two days before classes began. Looking at fall of 2010 it seems I have an even more full slate. I await the suprises ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment